2014/2/1

How should you live your life?

沒有留言:
 

Graduating from university, the world and your life will turn to be so different. People got confused and lost, don't know why they are doing the things they do every day, why wake up and go to work. It takes time to learn. I read lots of books on passion and self-discovering these 2 years, hoping that I could find the answer. The books gave me insights and strengths to move forward.



One of the quotes that gave me strength in the 3-month unemployed life is "Believe you are doing something worth doing". Without considering the consequences of quitting my job without having next job offer, I did doubt on my decision. And then I heard Ashin saying "The unique advantage for teenager is they got nothing to lose". And I suddenly felt relieved.

And it is also about passion and work.

We are confused on the meaning of work we do. It is not work gives meanings to us, but we do. We tend to give up on our work easily, thinking that it is not our path and we can simply quit. Maybe we should try working till the end. "Rather than making a search for passion the Cornerstone of his career development, passion evolved as a side effect of developing expert knowledge and demonstrating leadership."

"The most important thing is connecting with a place that is big enough for your talents, with people you enjoy and can learn from." "Working with good people, people with heart and brains. Following a belief in the possibilities of people and taking risks does lead to meeting and working with extraordinary people." We all know working environment is critical. We would be nice if we work in a place that is big enough for our talents, but what if we don't and odds are we will work in place with flaws. And how are we going to survive there? Let me tell you if I found ways to deal with it.

Lastly, it's about meaning of your life. "how important it is to be trusted and appreciated, and to go home knowing that you have used yourself well." "I ask myself: Am I doing some good in the world? Am I using my-life-my-world-to take a difference." Ask yourself everyday, Do you use yourself well and Do you make something or someone better?

*All quotes from What is your life's work by Bill Jensen

沒有留言:

張貼留言

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff