2013/6/12

8 things I've learned in 25 years

沒有留言:
 

Actually, it should be 25 things I've learned in 25 years(Internet), but I have a hard time to think of 25 things and now it became 8 things. (most of them are from recent years though)
  1. Everything happened in your life is for a purpose(s). It has became my belief since 2011. Even if I think it's boring and useless now, I will realize the impact of doing so some days. Keep the faith.
  2. Speak to yourself. Whenever you feel lost and can't find a way out, speak to yourself, write your thoughts down and then you will get some insights. You are the only person who can help yourself eventually.
  3. Living as collecting different experience. You only live once, and the live you are having right now is unique. With this thought in mind, I change my perspective of life and work, finding the beauty in them.
  4. Don't envy others. Don't follow their lives. It maybe a a bit contradictory with the term "role model". You want to be like them, to be popular, to work in a job they like, to be packed with bunches of activities, to have lots of friends, etc. Instead of thinking of what you don't have, you need to capitalize on what you are good at. It is good to learn from them. But if you can't do what they can, there is no reason to feel sad about. You don't necessary to be like them because it's the majority. Dare to be yourself.
  5. It is OK to get lost and have no clear direction. I feel anxious when people ask me what do you want to do and I answer " I don't know". I really don't know the answer, why should I make up one to please you? And we all know it's not easy to find your true passion.
  6. Money is important, but don't get angry when you don't have enough. In the past year, I tried different way to earn more and spend less, but the result is not so satisfactory. I tried to find freelance translation work but it's difficult and needs high time commitment to get myself a job. On the other hand, it is very bad that you can't use your money freely.
  7. Find a good deal. Think carefully do you really really need those products when you buy them. How will you use them? Go to market to buy vegetables instead of supermarket, find where that sells the cheapest things.
  8. The importance of self-awareness. It's important when I need to decide what job do I want to work in and get to know my passion. Self-awareness is the beginning of everything.
It is a long way to go.

沒有留言:

張貼留言

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff